John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Samsung refrigerator was set at 40 degrees within the last

Customer Question

My Samsung refrigerator was set at 40 degrees within the last few weeks the temperature has increased to 56. We have reset the temp and fridge but it seems to be getting warmer. Don't know what else to do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
If you open and close the door on the refrigerator side can you hear an internal fan switching on and off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything else
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Take out the bottom two draws in the refrigerator, if you look at the back panel inside the refrigerator can you see an ice build up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is ice build up
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK from what you have told me your fan motor that circulates the air in your refrigerator has frozen up and is no longer circulating cold air in the refrigerator. Its a case of defrosting the refrigerator and thereby the fan motor assembly and the appliance should then get back to normal. This is a fairly common problem with Samsung side by sides. If you have a wallpaper stripper or steam generator the process is quicker otherwise its a doors open with towels across the front and let nature defrost it for you - ian