Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Mrs D I have a model RG 637v double oven stove purchased in

Customer Question

Mrs D I have a model RG 637v double oven stove purchased in 1977. I do not have the installation manual. Do you remove the top oven from the lower portion to make it easier to remove it? I was not here when it was installed in 1977. I am replacing it with a new stove and need to know how to get the old one out of the house.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The oven is all one assembly. There are screws around the outer edge of the oven that keep the oven in the cabinet. Once the retaining screws are removed, the entire oven will slide out of the cabinet. Most companies that install or repair these have carts (see link below) to aid in removing and installing the new one. I would strongly suggest you have it professionally installed to prevent damage to your cabinets and to your back, they are ridiculously heavy! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!