Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Haier Fridge cold freezer but fridge won't stay below 50 degrees

Customer Question

Haier Fridge cold freezer but fridge won't stay below 50 degrees for more than a few weeks after I unplug the whole fridge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The problem is that your unit isn't defrosting on it's own. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove that back panel where the frost is forming. There is a defrost heater that runs along the bottom of the silver evaporator coils and a 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. With a multimeter you'll need to test continuity through both parts to determine if one of them doesn't have continuity anymore. If one of them has no continuity, you need to replace it because it's stopping the unit from defrosting properly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.