John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I bought new GE GSD 4000 dishwasher to replace the same 1998

Customer Question

I bought new GE GSD 4000 dishwasher to replace the same 1998 model GSD 4920.
The old model had an upper rack that held GLASSES, cups and saucers. The upper rack on the new GSD washer does not hold GLASSES.
Is there any upper rack that will hold glasses on any newer GE dishwasher that would also fit my new GSD 4000 model?
If so, what is the part number? And, where in Arizona one elsewhere where it might be purchased?
If GE does not have such an upper rack for glasses, is there an Internet site you would recommend that I about the availability of such an upper rack for holding glasses?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Can I please have the Full model number of the new unit to better assist you ?
Just the number of GSD 4000 brings up 31 different models .I would like to get a bit closer to your actual model we are talking about.