Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Front load washer Model GFWN1100D0WW - will not start, can't

Customer Question

Front load washer Model GFWN1100D0WW - will not start, can't manually change settings, water filter clean, there is an air gap around water discharge hose, no kinks in water lines, panel lights up so power available, no kinks in door seal gasket, load reduce by 50% no effect, soap and softener added, will not do clean cycle with clothes removed. It just will not start. Please advise thank you Arthur
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Ok so your saying that you can power it up ,but it will not allow you to change any of the selections? And do you have the control panel lock so that you can not turn the unit on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Control panel lock does not appear to work as indicator lght above button does not light up. Unit was not used for 5 months while out of the country, power and water both off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry the unit was turned on but not can't even turn it off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?
I`m still here but your not the only customer that I`m assisting
while you were gone was the unit plugged into the electrical outlet?
And what lights if any are lite up on the console display?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The unit was plugged in but turned off at the beaker, water was turned off at source. The display appears in all respects to be normal but it will not start nor can I change anything.
ok lets just try this and see what if anything it will do unplug the unit for 5 minutes or more NO LESS then 5 minutes plug it back in and see if it will let you do anything.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Turn off a breaker just as good?
yes that will work also .Hoping to reboot the electronic control board !
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Approx 10 minutes with power off, no change.
Ok Unfortunately that means the main control board has issues and will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! Sears shows they have it in stock but it is almost $40.00 more . If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, thanks for the assistance
no problem good luck.If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.