John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm Don. My Kenmore Elite (Model 10462076EG) french door

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Don. My Kenmore Elite (Model 10462076EG) french door style refrigerator has a freezer drawer on the bottom. It won't open. The right side seems ok, but the left side won't budge. It's been off since Sat. It had been leaking water, so I shut off the water. It stopped leaking. I thought it might be frozen shut because the left side won't budge and the ice maker is located on the left side. But it's been off for three days now. What do I do?
JA: Sometimes, Don, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thx.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? Please check your model number once again please!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kenmore Elite, purchased in 2004, Model No.: 10462076EG
are you sure the first three numbers are not 106 instead of 104?And you are getting the number right off the inside of the fresh food section and not off some paper work?
you still with me?