SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer

Just hooked up the Miele 4920 undercounter ,, the indicator/drain

Customer Question

Just hooked up the Miele 4920 undercounter ,, the indicator/drain light is flashing but I check the water valve at the supply end there is water,, The plumbers hooked it up but never started it,, when I opened the door the scuff plate snapped off.. is there a switch or valve on the back of the dishwasher? I just got a total shoulder replacement so that I cant pull it out myself,,
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
First thing to check is the motor brushes, if they are too short you will get this fault - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No that is not correct this is a brand new appliance and just ran at the factory. Bis there another valve on the back of the machine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got a response from another tech saying that I had to check my settings and was almost done, then some how I was required to sign up again
Expert:  SlTl replied 6 months ago.
I my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.I seen appliances come out of the box faulty many times, with home owners making repairs from the moment they got it. Their stories usually continue with them constantly making repairs on the unit until they get tired of it and replace it out of frustration. So my words of wisdom from experience are:1. Call that same plumber back and tell him the installation was done incorrectly and he should come back for no charge. It's a given that they are to start up the appliance to make sure it works and their job is complete. Miele is a high end brand and people usually won't purchase it because of it's cost, but it could be that there's slight difference in the installation method than what the plumber is used to, so hand him the installation instructions to read again. If this doesn't work, call the Miele company while he is still there and have the plumber talk to the tech on duty. If this doesn't work,2. Send the appliance back for another one. There is no sense in fooling around with an appliance that comes out of the box faulty. Just do not accept the appliance, and don't pay for it until you get a new one. Like I said, an appliance should come out of the box in perfect working condition, end of story. If it doesn't, it's a red flag of what's to come. Look at what it's costing you in time and money already!So to conclude: 1) make sure the installation on it is correct, 2) if that's not the issue, send it back to where you got it and get another one. (Make sure you read the reviews online about the machine, many times you can pick up tips from others, or learn that you don't want this machine at all!)I hope this gives you idea on a plan of action. These situations are never fun, but stop worrying about what you can do and check and be responsible for because it's not supposed to work that way. It's either the plumbers fault or Miele companies fault, but definitely not yours, and don't keep pouring money and time into something that maybe isn't even fixable. An appliance is supposed to some out of the box in perfect working condition, period.Thank you for contacting just Answer. Let me know if I can answer any more questions about this appliance.Susan LattaIf you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.
Expert:  SlTl replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Were these suggestions helpful to you?Please don't forget to give us a rating!Thank you.