Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just bought brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher cleaned the door

Customer Question

Just bought brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher cleaned the door with water and glass cleaner stainless looks discolored is that possible that it's defective ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If it's less than 2 weeks old, you can call warranty out and they will fix aesthetic damages if the stainless is discolored. But before you do that, get some actual stainless steel cleaner, not glass cleaner. Stainless steel cleaner has oils in it which make it shine uniformly so without that you will always see discolorations and blotches or streaks on the stainless steel. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The appliances are a month old my kitchen aid refig is sparkling and so is oven that why I am afraid the stainless is a problem on dishwasher
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
With the unit being over a month old it likely wouldn't be something that warranty will swap out unless it's a defect in the material. You can always call warranty out to check but before you do that I would definitely pick up stainless steel cleaning and see how it works. I recommend Stainless Steel Magic, it does wonders.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?