Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I have a kenmore dishwasher type 583-1 serial F43606430

Customer Question

i have a kenmore dishwasher type 583-1 serial F43606430 I had it installed about one and a half years ago. It's worked fine until recently. There is very little, if any water going into the dishwasher now. I replaced the water valve and checked to make sure the float switch is working properly. Still no luck getting any water to come out inside. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.
Hi I am Stefan and am glad to help. You have done quite some work already. A float switch is usually not the issue in your case since you would either get water or get no water. You replaces the valve which is good but did you happen to check the in coming line to the valve? Also check the line from the valve to the opening inside the dishwasher. You could have debris of some sort inside the lines causing a blockage. Third thing is check the valve, usually under the sink, where the water goes to your dishwasher.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.
Also if there was debris in the inline to the dishwasher valve and it was not cleaned when the valve was replaced, there might be debris in the new valve as well. I hope this helps you solve your issue today. If not please let me know. Also to credit my work a rating of 3+ is appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Stefan T replied 7 months ago.
If you need further assistance please let me know. Otherwise you can credit my work with a 3+ rating.