Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag mhw4200bw. At the end of the wash cycle the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag mhw4200bw. At the end of the wash cycle the washer finishes, however the door will not unlock unless I turn the washer off. Is there a specific cause for this?
Raymond ***
[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

The washer should definitely unlock on it's own, if it's not unlocking until you turn the power off, that is an issue with the logic in your main control board. If the unit is less than a year old, just call warranty and they will replace the part at no charge. Otherwise, the control board is located in the front right corner under the top panel of the washer. The part number is ***** and costs about $250-300 or so if you wanted to replace it. To remove the top panel, just pull the washer forward, unplug the washer, and remove the screws coming in from behind the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My unit is a Maytag but this part number states it's a Whirlpool. Is it the same part for different models of washers?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006 so all parts are made by Whirlpool for Maytag. The part number is ***** for the model number you gave me.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?