Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The power head on our BGS5 has stopped working or spinning

Customer Question

The power head on our BGS5 has stopped working or spinning , we have checked the brush and it all is clear so the head just doesn't spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! It is likely that the motor is not receiving a voltage from the control. Do you have a meter to test to see if the motor is even getting energized? If you post the complete E number from the machine I can likely get you the service manual.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is an air driven turbo head and doesn't run on electricity as far as we know
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Can you post the complete model number, please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Kelly, This is the numbers I have :
Type- VCBS22X5VO
Not sure if the "O" in either of the numbers is a letter or a number so please let me know if this helps
Regards Gary
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The service manual for that unit is attached. I would suggest a thorough cleaning.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have cleaned the head totally , the attached service manual does not cover the head that I'm talking about, it is the air driven head with a brush that is not working. Can you recommend a service or supply company here in Perth Western Australia so I can either get it repaired or buy a replacement as we seem to be going around in circles here. Regards Gary
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry Kelly but it is obvious to us you have no understanding of the product that we are trying to sort out, I am going to ring Bosch Australia for some answers to resolve this problem , thank you for your time but that is all I can do at this point. Regards Gary
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Take care, thank you.