Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a question about the interior light in my refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a question about the interior light in my refrigerator will not stay on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So unfortunately this refrigerator has a fairly common problem that develops. This unit is actually made by LG and sold under the Kenmore name. The refrigerator lights can have issues where the lights won't turn on (or in some cases where they stick on and won't shut off) and that is due to a relay on the main control board failing. You'll need to pull the refrigerator out and remove the back access panel to expose the control board that needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model number. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?