Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Name is***** have a GE Profile Refrigerator Model number

Customer Question

My Name is***** have a GE Profile Refrigerator Model number PFE29PSDCSS. When you close the doors an alarm sounds. it sounds like a door bell. the door alarm is off. it just started this today and it does not happen everytime
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is all. we have had it for 2 years. got it from my daughter who moved. they had it about a year. you open the door to get something out and when you close the doors, especially the left one
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
It sounds like your refrigerator doesn't think that the door is shutting even though it is. The door switch in at the top on the plastic cover that runs along the top of your refrigerator. The next time it starts to beep, keep the doors shut and peel back the door seal to see if the lights inside are still on. If so, then replace the left door switch or make sure the door is shutting properly and hitting the switch properly. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for switch Also, shutting the door alarm off only stops the alarm from continuing to beep if you leave the door open after it starts beeping. You can't turn the alarm off permanently so that it never beeps. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?