Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Rob- have a thermador 36" downdraft system which sounds like

Customer Question

rob- have a thermador 36" downdraft system which sounds like it is binding when it is lowered. Motor sounds as it is working twice as hard during the lowering. Everything else works just fine. Any ideas? thanks sherman
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Oftentimes, grease build up or other debris can cause the unit to stick and bind as it is lowered. Have you removed the inspection panels to get a look at the linkage to see what it does as it lowers? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?