John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have an Hobart Dishwasher Model SR24C. I plug in the dishwasher

Customer Question

I have an Hobart Dishwasher Model SR24C. I plug in the dishwasher and it doesn't operate. I know I have power going to the dishwasher. Do the dishwasher have a fuse that I need to check out? Also where can I location a wiring diagram for this model so I can trouble shot the electric system?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
Does the washer show any signs of life at all? Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No! When I plug it in an outlet no life at all.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
Did the washer just suddenly stop working, or was it unplugged for cleaning the floor beneath it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It have been unplugged for a while because it wasn't been used

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
OK. Thank you. I need to start at the beginning. Did you check for proper, polarized voltage at the plug receptacle? If that checks out, go to the power cord terminal block inside the washer, and inspect it for broken or burned wires at the screw terminals. Also check across the black and white wires for the correct voltage there. If anything you find wrong and correct gets the washer running again, please use the expert's star rating system, located at the top of your screen, to let me know how satisfied you are with my effort to help you.If the washer still does not power up, please get back to me, and we can continue this discussion. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The dishwasher is located at another place 1200 miles away from me at the moment. Is it alright if I get back with you on once I can have someone to look at it for me.

Thanks

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.
Certainly. Thank you. For your information, there's usually at packet of specifications and wiring diagrams on a sticker label on the back of the kick panel, under the door. If this information is missing, it's impossible to find the information on the internet, because Hobart makes it available only to their authorized servicers.