Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Problem with Neptune TL model FAV6800AWW. Machine goes through

Customer Question

problem with Neptune TL model FAV6800AWW. Machine goes through wash and drain, onto the rinse cycle with most of the water discharging. At this stage clothes still very wet and then spin cycle will start briefly while trying to discharge water and will do this constantly. The start and pause will not keep spin cycle in action. Code "dc" finally comes on. Sometimes code "UC" comes up. After several cycles of start/pause, the tub will start vibrating/wobbling.
I hope you can share some help.
Grady
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer:The root cause of the DC or UC unbalance error code is caused by the Clutch Pulley One-Way Needle Roller clutch bearings not locking up in the CCW direction (the Spin direction) as the Washer enters into a spin cycle. The clutch kit needs to be changed out, but it is a nightmare job to do. I would advise not doing it honestly and get a new machine, but if you want to tackle it I can link you instructions.All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!