Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I got a replacement control knob Maytag PYG 3200 AWW.

Customer Question

I got a replacement control knob for my Maytag PYG 3200 AWW. Changing the wires on the back of the switch I find that some of the pins, (male connectors) , are in different positions on the new controller and need to get a schematic(?) of where the colored wires go onto the new one. HELP, please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure if you can read a wiring diagram or not properly but below is the wiring diagram for your dryer. I put the timer in a red box so you know what you're looking for. As an overview: Red wire (from temp switch in control panel) goes to HBlack wire goes to LPurple wire goes to S Orange wire goes to MRed wire with black tracer also goes to M Other Red wire with black tracer goes to W (these red wires with black tracer can be reversed so don't worry which one goes where). White wire goes to N Red wire (from igniter) goes to A We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?