Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My wife inadvertently pushed a nickel past the front drum seal

Customer Question

my wife inadvertently pushed a nickel past the front drum seal when attempting to remove it. Model WED6200SW1 SER #4365236 (Cabrio dryer)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
You will want to retrieve the nickel because sometimes it can drop down and fall on a thermostat or thermal fuse and short out on top of the blower wheel housing. To do so you'd need to take the dryer completely apart. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the lint filter, the screws through the lint filter, the top panel, and then finally the front panel so you can remove the coin that fell. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.