John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just bought a frididaire refrigerator and it started dripping

Customer Question

i just bought a frididaire refrigerator and it started dripping on the door water/ice maker then i noticed that the ice was coming out slushy and now the ice maker stopped working the model # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. ok so are you saying that the dispenser is dripping and that the ice cubes are coming out of the icemaker or the dispenser slushy?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
and it no longer makes ice
ok so you have two different issues .The water dripping is one .The icemaker not making ice is the second issue.Now could have the dripping been from ice cubes in the ice container melting ? and does the unit seem to be cooling properly? The icemaker cycles via temperature if the temperature is not correct then ice will melt and the icemaker will not make ice.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The refrigerator and the freezer work fine, the refrigerator is set at 37 and the freezer is set at 0
ok just because the display shows that does not mean those are the correct temperatures.Doe everything seem frozen hard in the freezer section.