Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

THe window above the control panel shows the time and all other

Customer Question

THe window above the control panel shows the time and all other information but it is very light and difficult to read. When the kitchen light is off, and the room somewhat dark it can be read. This happened quite suddenly. Does it mean the window on the inside must be cleaned and how to get to it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
This is not a cleaning issue, unfortunately the display board itself would need to be replaced if it's dimming out and you wanted it bright again. It means your capacitors are getting out of range. The part number for the display board is WB27X10437 and it's about $300 so it probably isn't worth repairing but that's up to you. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?