Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool dishwasher, model #DU915PWWS1, TYPE 286-2.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dishwasher, model #DU915PWWS1, TYPE 286-2. Water and suds are overflowing in the front of the washer. It does this only in the normal wash cycle. there are no leaks in the drain line.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. The float is either bad or stuck, you check the float assembly and make sure there is nothing jamming it and its engaging properly if it is then the switch is bad and needs to be replaced as that is the switch that keeps the dishwasher from overflowing when the water reaches a certain level the float raises with the water and engages the switch to stop the water flow to the unit, when they go bad or get jammed etc the unit will overflow.click here for location of floatDishwasher Float SwitchPart #:(###) ###-####- click here We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?