Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We recently moved into a home and my icemaker on my Whirlpool

Customer Question

We recently moved into a home and my icemaker on my Whirlpool Gold Fridge is no working. It was in storage for just over a year. The water dispenser works and everything else seems fine but there doesn't appear to be any water going into the icemaking module. Not sure how to get this to function.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Normally when they sit in storage for extend time the small contacts inside the motor can corrode and these icemakers often do not work. If it does not rotate on its own and is cold enough you just need a new icemaker. Here is a link to one for you. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!