Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Pearl, I have a quiet partner ii, whirlpool, and the heated

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a quiet partner ii, whirlpool, and the heated dry button keeps flashing and I can't seem to reset or get the dishwasher to do anything. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes, Pearl,, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Also the normal button flashes and the cancel/drain button flashes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried turning off the breaker to the dishwasher for about half an hour, and that didn't seem to do anything either.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If you have tried to turn power off to the unit for a full minute and then have turned it back on and that light just keeps flashing rapidly whenever you press any buttons and will not start the touchpad is bad. That is a very common failure on the Quiet Partner 2 models. You can order the touchpad with the complete model number from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the color of you unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your response. Is there any way to reset the keypad?
There is no reset for the keypad you can try this to reset the board but if the key pad is shorted then this will not work either but you can try.Press "Heated Dry," "Normal," "Heated Dry," "Normal" within three seconds of the first pressed button Of that does nothing replace the touchpad, this happens all the time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks.
no problem