Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Regarding GE Mongram ZIS 36 built-in SbS refrigerator

Customer Question

***** ***** - regarding GE Mongram ZIS 36 built-in SbS refrigerator freezer whose fridge compartment now cools to 24degrees. I have pulled the breaker for 2 minutes. Temp setting reads 37 but cooled again to below freezing. Now trying a longer power off period with door open. If that fails, what's next best action?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more do you have in mind or was that an auto-response?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: You need to likely replace the damper assembly if it is getting too cold like it is. The damper controls airflow to the refrigerator section and if broken air will just continue to flow to the refrigerator section and super cool the unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!