John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Bosch she3ar55uc/07 runs one cycle then when it goes to drain the clea

Customer Question

Bosch she3ar55uc/07 runs one cycle then when it goes to drain the clean light comes on and it still has water in it..the drain pump runs for a second or two and then turns off repeatedly until the clean light comes on and when u start the machine the drain pump does the on off thing as well about 90% of the time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 months ago.
Hello, have you removed the drain hose where it connects under the sink to look for any blockage?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah I replace the water inlet valve in December and everything was good the drain pump was noisy so I checked for blockages and used an air compressor to make sure so then I replaced the drain pump that quieted it down but the heat pump was noisy as well so I replaced that and checked for blockage in that part of the system as well
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I assume running low on water from the faulty inlet valve caused the pump issues
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right now I'm going over the main control board looking burnt connections popped capacitors ect but it looks fine
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now as I see the other tech left you hanging. So the unit just will not drain out all the water still?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will if I cancel the cycle
Otherwise it will never drain with the normal cycle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
And it only goes through one fill cycle before stopping and the clean light comes on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought maybe the line was clogged so I took it off and ran a rubber hose straight to the sink and it still did the same thing too
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a reset of some sort I can do
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For the main board
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I get my money refunded this is crap
I apologize your replies never came through. There is no reset for the board for this issue on the unit. If it is stopping like that the main board is not signalling the pump to run. How much water is it leaving in the unit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the pump runs...it turns on and off for 15 sec or so at the end of the cycle sometimes it drains nearly all the water sometimes it leave 3/4in
Ok but it still never really drains all the water correct? even in a Cancel Drain?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it does
OK the board pulses the drain pump to prime it so does it ever actually start to run 100% in the cycle, if the drain pump draws too much current from the board that will happen.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's why I replaced the pump cuz I figured it was drawing too many amps..I work with microcontroller and all sorts of things like this on larger scale all the time
Yes then the only thing that really can be causing this is the control board itself. If the circuit on the board is not reading the current draw correctly then that can happen as well. The boards fail a lot on that model, I just put one in the other day for a fill timing issue. Do you need a link to the part?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not worth it
OK no problem at all did you need anything else I have the service manual on it as well.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A refund
No problem at all have a good night