Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Good Afternoon: I have a Panasonic #FV-11VHL2 (fan/heat/light/night-light

Customer Question

Good Afternoon:
I have a Panasonic #FV-11VHL2 (fan/heat/light/night-light combo) appliance in the ceiling of my bathroom. The appliance was put in in the fall of 2012. Within the last week or so the heater does not work. The fan (vent) light and night light all are operational.
I have checked the electrical panel in the basement although only the heater does not work.
Have you heard of this problem before? What might i have to do to repair it?
Best Regards
RMC
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer:Can you check the heater to see if it is burned out?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for responding. How might I check that?Best RegardsRMC
you need to get at the heater and check it for continuity with a meter and also check the thermal high limit that is mounted on the heater for continuity. See link below part #42 is the thermal limiter and where the other arrow is pointing is the heater connections....You should have a White wire going to one side of the heater and a Black wire going from the other side of the heater to that thermal limiter. Click Here All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!