Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Front load duet.....1yr old wont unlock. the lock light is

Customer Question

front load duet.....1yr old wont unlock.
the lock light is on so theres power
ive tried unplugging it a FEW time ...nothing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when this happens it means the door lock has failed. The lock mechanism has a small plastic loop on the bottom end of it. Pulling down on the loop will unlock the door so you can get the clothes out. You can access the loop on the end of the lock from the top of by removing the lower 12" of the bottom by taking the screws out along the bottom edge of the machine. Unplug the unit before you attempt to service it. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: I am a different tech and if the unit still has water in it the door will not unlock is there water still in it? Normally if the drain pump does not run or gets clogged water will be in the unit and it will not unlock, if you can manually drain it it should unlock fine.