Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

My whirlpool front load washer starts washing then stops starts

Customer Question

My whirlpool front load washer starts washing then stops starts beeping and the wash light blinks
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Load clothes and detergent start washer then mid cycle it stops and starts beeping and wash light blinks off and on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Tried unplugging washer and then plug back in and it still the same way . We have to unplug and then turn to drain and spin , water drains out really slow also
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 6 months ago.
Hello, do you happen to have the model number of the washer handy?Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is it located
Behind the door on a white sticker usually.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model # *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there ?
Yes, have you tried unplugging the machine for 3-5 minutes? That may possibly reset the control board. If that does not reset the unit, the CCU which is located on the top right is shorted and needs to be replaced. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you