Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have thermidor oven that needs a thermostat, seems to be

Customer Question

I have thermidor oven that needs a thermostat, seems to be discontinued part number 14-39-297-01. does that mean the oven is scrap? can i somehow get it fixed
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: need thermostat part number 14-39-297-01 and it seems to be discontinued
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The part is discontinued and unless you can find one for sale it would be time for a new oven unfortunately. That being said, there is one for sale on ebay for about $700. They obviously know what they have if they are selling it for that price because when the part was available it was a $400 part. Either way, below is a link to the thermostat you'd need to order if you wanted to fix the oven and not get a new one. I'm very sorry about the bad news. CLICK HERE for thermostat We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?