Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Amana refrig/freezer, Model BC120 TWRefrigerator temp control

Customer Question

Amana refrig/freezer, Model BC120 TW
Refrigerator temp control marked 1 - 7 (freeze like symbol seems to correspond to cold temp setting - and low number.) Is low number for colder temp?
Freezer temp control marked 1 - 7 also with no suggestion as to whether 7 corresponds to colder temp or 1 corresponds to colder temperature. Does 7 correspond to low temp or high temp setting.
Can you provide a description as having problem freezing the ice cream in the freezer section.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: 7 is the coldest setting and it should freeze on any setting, if it is not see if the fan is running in the freezer. If it is remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer and check the evaporator frost pattern. If only part of it is frosted and the rest is bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case you need to get the unit recharged with freon and have the leak found. That is a likely case on that unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!