Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Costello, GEGSS25VGMD refrigerator. the water will not

Customer Question

dick Costello, GEGSS25VGMD refrigerator. the water will not flow after it sits for the day. opening the freezer door for 20 to 30 minutes thaws it out and ok for a day. the freezer is set to 2. Not sure about temp need to get a termomometer. fridge is at 4. changed the water filter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This started about 4 days ago and there are no changes in what is in the freezer and where or in the fridge part. I know there is a pre cooler in the fridge. I turned the fridge to 3 instead of 4 where it was. I do have a problem with the ice maker. it leaks a little in to the ice cube box. so I fill it up and turn off the ice maker. this has been this way for many months. i did notice that when the freezer is running and the fan is going cold air comes out of the opening where the cubes go in to the chute. So I am going to keep the ice tray full. I notice also there is a flapper door for the ice cubes. It does not shut tight and maybe allows cold to get to the water spout.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: The freezer is just getting too cold you should change out the thermister in the freezer, if the freezer gets too cold that will happen. You can set the freezer to the warmest and try it, but if that continues to happen replace the freezer sensor to stop that issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!