John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My German side by side refrigerator quit working last night.

Customer Question

My German side by side refrigerator quit working last night. The refrigerator light works but nothing else. How do I check the main board?
JA: I'll do all I can to help, German. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Sorry . Autocorrect. GE
JA: Sorry, I missed that. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: It's a GE refrigerator not German.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the make and complete mode off the unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok are any fans working or the compressor? If not pull the unit out and remove the small access cover to expose the control board can you do that?