John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool clean washer #W10338679C. I didn't shut my lid so

Customer Question

Whirlpool clean washer #W10338679C. I didn't shut my lid so it drained instead of washing. I've done this a few times but the washer never quit working...I just closed the lid and started over. Today, it won't stop sounding like it's draining and the only way to stop it is to unplug it. Left unplugged for a while thinking it would reset or something. No. Each time I plug it in it hums like it's still draining. No lights are on. No matter what I do to make it go into a different mode, nothing else happens. No lights and just keeps humming so I unplugged it. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Can you get the model number off the tag the one listed is not valid.