Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Water is always on top shelve of my fridge. The freezer compartment

Customer Question

water is always on top shelve of my fridge. The freezer compartment is above fridge.
Otherwise this has been a really good fridge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech onthe site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed! All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving. Thank you very much for using this service and if you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!