Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Pilot light on water heater out. followed instructions to

Customer Question

pilot light on water heater out. followed instructions to re light. released reset button after 2 min. pilot went out. cant see thermal switch to reset
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech onthe site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Often the thermal disc goes bad that is inline and part of the thermocouple assembly, can you remove the burner assembly to check it? If not you may want to get a tech out as it is not that bad of a fix and you can also install just a standard thermocouple to get it working fine again I do them all the time. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving. Thank you very much for using this service and if you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!