Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Kenmore, Model 795.51323.011, Refrigerator. I have

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore, Model 795.51323.011, Refrigerator. I have always had problems removing the water filter for replacement. I usually just keep working at it until finally the filter drops out after turning one-quarter turn as instructions require. Today, I tried to remove it and after turning and re-turning for 45 minutes, I had to give up because it hurt my hands really bad (I'm 72 and have arthritis in my hands). What could be the reason that the filter will not disengage? I do not want to have to pay a service call just to get the filter changed. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.
Hello I am Joel and will be glad to help you today,Sometimes the filters can become vapor locked and can be very tough to get out, turn the water supply off to the unit and get a few cups of water out of the water dispenser that should relieve the pressure on the system enough for the filter to come out, if not the filter housing itself may be jammed in which case you will need to have a service tech come out and replace the filter housing assembly. We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.