Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Decor ER30G/GI oven range. The oven does not fire

Customer Question

***** *****. Decor ER30G/GI oven range. The oven does not fire up and I don't know where to look for the reset switch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oven will not kick on when set the temp. It was working 2 hours ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the resettable thermostat is by the door lock assembly. Turn the power off to the range at the breaker. The air vent/grill needs to be removed to access the small round resettable thermostat. The thermostat has a red top on the button. Press the red part down hard to reset it. If that does not reset it, you'll need a meter to determine where you're loosing power.