Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Have a GE Washer/Dryer stackable combo Model#GTUP240EMWW.

Customer Question

Have a GE Washer/Dryer stackable combo Model#GTUP240EMWW. Been having trouble with completing the drain and spin cycle after agitation. The lights blink and I have to open lid and then close and push start or pause button, usually works but doesn't seem to be working anymore. Don't know what parts to check
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! It sounds like the lid lock assembly is having issues. The control will not allow the cycle to complete if the lid does not close or lock. If the lid is closing well with no trouble, I suspect the lock assembly, number 111 in the diagram at the link below will need to be replaced. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE See the attached page from the service manual regarding the lid lock assembly. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
I forgot to add the pages that show how to access the lid lock assembly. They are attached.