Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do I remove the pump motor from my whirlpool duet front

Customer Question

How do I remove the pump motor from my whirlpool duet front loader
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The pump motor is bad and I need to remove it. It looks like it just turn counter clockwise to remove. But I don't want to force it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? Most duet washers have a lower front panel that you have to remove (two screws on the bottom of the panel ) and then lift the panel out of the way and the pump is right in the center of the unit. Here is a video showing how to gain access to the pump.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTawgO1qKu0If you have any questions just reply back.