John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a thermador range. You can turn the knob but it won't

Customer Question

I have a thermador range. You can turn the knob but it won't spark or let gas come out could you please help me
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Is this the case with all the control knobs, or just certain ones? Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just one of them
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I need to know if it's a surface burner or the oven/broiler. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is a surface burner. There is a blue light that is on. like it is on. But knob is in off position. no gas coming out at all
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I'll find the necessary technical information I need to assist you, and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
You need to replace the igniter. Its part number in(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $18.45. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com. If you need information on replacing it, click on the Repair Help box just to the left of the search box.If my answer satisfies you, please use the expert's rating system to let me know how I've done. Thank you choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already changed the igniters
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
The igniters need to close enough to their burners that the spark will jump from the center electrode to the burner. Try moving the igniter closer to the burner. If that doesn't work, switch it with one of the working igniters. If the problem moves to the other burner, you'll need to replace the faulty igniter.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have switched them no change at all. It will not put out gas or spark. Before on another burner spark igniter was going bad I still could light manually. I bought 2 igniters and fixed the problem
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Are you unable to light this burner manually?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry. I must be away from my computer for a couple of hours. I'll check it, when I return. If you're not able to manually light the burner in question, try reaming the gas orifice hole with a tooth pick. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes it has no gas at all I have tried manually
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
If other burners on the same manifold light, it has to be the control valve that's the problem. It's part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $54.20. www.repairclinic.com shows that the valve is out of stock just now. In any case, I suggest that you view the photo of the valve to make sure it's the one you need. They have a link you can use, if it's the valve you need. This will give you an expected shipping date.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just talked with thermador they think it is burner control valve as well. It has been discontinued part #415517
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Repairclinic shows number 492270 for their part. It's the only one I can find available on any appliance parts website.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
.