Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a maytag refrigerator model msd2576vem00. I am replacing

Customer Question

I have a maytag refrigerator model msd2576vem00. I am replacing the display control board. How do I get to it without breaking anything? It seems different than othe makes/models I've seen. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. The front dispenser cavity #16 just clips into place by friction clips And yes it does feel as if you will break it but the part is very robust ,you will not break it .http://www.partadvantage.com/diagramenlarge/2/0/629083/102516if you have any questions just let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, so I just pry #15 out by the edges, right?
Yes that is correct I normally start at the bottom and work my way up each side .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So guess what, this model has two factory screws holding it in underneath #8. That's why it was so tight. Not shown on the diagram. I broke the top two clips.
Oh the manufacture messed up with the parts diagram!! That does not happen very often with Whirlpool products they are normally very good with parts break downs.