Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GA-AMM question.

Customer Question

A follow up question. My house is 2 years old and when I built it (I am an architect) I put in a whole house water filter. When the filter on my fridge expired and the red light came on I lived with the red light for months until it annoyed me enough to order another filter thinking I really didn't need it since I have the big one. I ordered the cheaper filter made for the fridge. When I installed it and ran several gallons of water to flush it I noticed floaters in the water that were of a bit of a viscous nature. It did flush through and the water ran clear through the door dispenser. It seemed to coincide with the water overflow in the ice maker. Would there possibly be some sort of clog that could be making this happen. And if so could I clean it out. This is a great service. I used it last year to talk to a vet about my dog who was sick. Thanks so much. Jodi
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 8 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/9n2pu-question-house-years-old-when-built-i-architect-pu.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If the water is not used regularly and sits for an extended period, it can develop and algae type growth in the water lines. I don't think the issue is caused by a blockage of any kind. Does it sit for any length of time without the dispenser being used?