John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Water leak under fridge, severe. shut off water supply to

Customer Question

water leak under fridge, severe. shut off water supply to fridge and there is still water coming out.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: a week ago, we had some water coming out from under fridge front. Determined there was ice in drain pan. melted the ice and the leak seemed to go away. tonight in an hour or two a massive amount of water came from the fridge. Gallons. I have shut off the water supply to the fridge and yet there is still water coming out, about like it was a week ago. What am i missing?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. If the water is shut off and you still are getting water on the floor it can only be defrost water. What is the brand and model number so I can give you specific instructions, please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fridgedaire FRS6HR4HW1
Thanks, ***** ***** opt out to one of the very qualified Frigidaire experts who will join in to help you shortly.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. This leak is it on the right side ,left side?And are you 100% sure that you have turned off the water supply to the refrigerator?And this leak is is a slow leak on a constant leak ?