Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 12 year old dual fuel Jen Air oven. The

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old dual fuel Jen Air oven. The F1 and F3 error codes were flashing and beeping about 10 minutes into the cycle. We replaced the range oven control board, the oven sensor and the convection fan. The oven went thru a few cycles with no issue, tonight it flashed F3 and then F1.
What is the issue?
I have two friends with the same age model and they are also experiencing the same issue. I'm desperate.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 months ago.
F1 is generally a touchpad ..the ribbon that connects into the board usually a stuck or shorted key in the touchpad ..unfortunately it sounds like you changed all the parts except the one reqd
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What does F3 indicate?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 months ago.
its the same error ..you can have multiple faults for the same error
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would the touch pad show any other signs of not working, such as partial burned out numbers? Is this common problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a way to test the touch pad? Can the buttons be "unstuck"?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello??
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! I apologize for the lack of response from your original expert, he must have gotten tied up and has not been able to return. The F1 can be a touch pad or a control error. The F3 is a problem in the oven sensor circuit. If you post the model number, I can get you specific testing instructions.