Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have Whirlpool dishwasher Model: WDF530PLYB1. Last night noticed

Customer Question

Have Whirlpool dishwasher Model: WDF530PLYB1. Last night noticed water was still in bottom. Turned it on and let it run a cycle to spin out the water. Opened it this morning, water still there. Now, unit will not power on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately there are no fuses for this dishwasher so if it's completely dead and won't power on, you need to be certain the dishwasher is getting power from your house. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control panel is just shorted for one reason or another. Now this touchpad is fairly well known for failing due to moisture so that may have stopped the dishwasher before it drained out the first time and now it's just progressed and won't light up at all. The touch control panel would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?