Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My GE monogram refrigerator is making a fair amount of noise.

Customer Question

my GE monogram refrigerator is making a fair amount of noise. It is a clicking sound that sounds like an old fashion typewriter or sewing machine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you want to know. The refrain is 15 years old and in very good shape.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. ANSWER: The clicking noise could be a bad relay or possibly something stuck in the fan can you narrow down where the noise is coming from?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't really tell. Maybe the black dome thing? It does seem warm
Yes that would make since, so either the compressor relay is bad or the compressor could be bad. You would want to change out the relay on the compressor first and then if it still is doing that the compressor would need to be replaced. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you.
I am not sure I understood?