Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore micro said "power 100" and stuck, no move

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If it still won't allow you to select or change settings, the display board has failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately nothing work. How can I change displayboard?
So first, the control board is part number EBR64439302. To access the board for replacement you'd need to uninstall the microwave and unplug it. Remove the screws coming in from the sides and around the left, right, and top edges coming in from the back. The outer shell will then pull straight back, up, and off. Some of the screws will require a T-20 Safety Torx bit screwdriver to remove them. Once the outer shell is removed, you can remove the screws coming in from the inside of the microwave holding the control panel on. Remove the control panel and then you can separate the display board from the control panel to replace it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mr. Tyler I don't understand , so I will let my son take care of it.
ok well good luck to you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?