Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Edward. I'm Jodi. I have a 42" side by side built-in Kitc

Customer Question

Hi Edward. I'm Jodi. I have a 42" side by side built-in Kitchenaid refrigerator. The ice make when filling is overflowing and making ice drops all over the freezzer. I had Kitchenaid's repairman here who said it was the PC Emitter Board and was kind enough to show me how to replace it myself. I'm not sure that is the problem and am thinking it's the water valve. Your thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jodi I am going to opt out and put this back in the cue because there are outstanding Just Answer appliance technicians who would be better qualified to answer this type of question for you............good luck
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 10 months ago.
hello , i agree i dont think its the emmitter board that just allows the icemaker to work or not work ..if it over flows i would think its the icemaker itself over the water valve ..the water valve is only energized by the icemaker itself..the valve just opens and closes for as long as the icemaker sends power to the valve ,8-10 secs in normal operation ..ive seen the contacts pitted and arcing in the icemaker head and sending power to the water valve for longer than reqd ,causing a overfill situation