bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that I am working on, but

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that I am working on, but there is no power to the compressor coming from the control board. I had changed the control board but still no power. There is no relay nor inverter board that I can see. I see a capacitor right below the control board. Changed that too but still no power is coming from the board to the compressor.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Are you measuring right at the compressor connections?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did that and I also measured the power coming from the control board.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Is the fan running by the compressor?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
So it should be calling for the compressor to run as well. What part number board did you install and was this the original issue?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The main board on the back of the refrigerator.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
That really is the only thing that can cause the compressor not to get power if the condenser fan is running. That fan running shows that the unit is calling for cooling. So, it may be that the compressor is shorted and is damaging the board when it is installed. Have you measured the compressor pins to see if they are shorted?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Original problem was that everything is running but the compressor. Checked compressor, and it
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
If you are not getting voltage out of the control, measuring right at the control, it has to be a control problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The compressor is running fine right now. I jumped it and it has been running ok.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
So it has to be a control issue if you are not getting power right at the control output.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just installed a new board and I am getting the same results
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Unless the new board is getting damaged at install by something, I am not sure. I will place your question back to the list in case another may have seen this before.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for giving it a try!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.
Have you checked continuity between the compressor feed at the pcb and the compressor supply wires?