Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We managed to have a ceramic pot crack while making a brine

Customer Question

Hi, we managed to have a ceramic pot crack while making a brine solution on our flattop Frigidaire PLES389ECG range. The water went everywhere. The burner couldn't be turned off, and the one behind it came on by itself. WE killed the power at the breaker and cleaned everything up. Now when we turn it back on we get teh PF alert and the right side burner ( the ones that mis functioned) says ER.
We cycled power several times, making sure the burners are off, and have opened up the control panel. There does not appear to be any moisture on either the burner controls of the main controller. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The PF just means that the clock saw that there was an interruption of the power. Will the clock clear and program to make the oven work?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes, the PF clears when the clock is reset, but the ER codes stay on for the two elements
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Do you see any other errors on the other burners, specifically 56?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
even after cycling the power and resetting the clock multiple times
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no, they just say ER. According to the manual, that code appears when a burner was on when the power failure occured.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Correct, but it should clear with a power cycle. How long was the power turned off for? What happens if you turn the burners on now?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately it doesn't clear with a power cycle. The left hand burners work normally. The right hand ones just stay cold and continue to say ER
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know if the problem lies with the two individual burner controls or the center main control.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
It sounds like those two switches were shorted with the water spill. If it was main board related, it would likely affect the other burners and would display another error code. I suspect those two switches will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!